The care and protection of children, young people and vulnerable adults involved in Church activities is the responsibility of the whole Church. Everyone who participates in the life of the Church has a role to play in promoting a Safer Church for all. All those involved with the governance of the Chase Benefice takes seriously the need to ensure the care and well-being of children, and adults.
The Benefice safeguarding policy is based on these policy commitments:
• Promoting a Safer environment and culture
• Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the Church
• Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
• Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons
• Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons
• Responding to those that may pose a present risk to others.
An understanding of this policy is aimed at deepening our understanding of, and respect for, the rights of children, young people and vulnerable adults as people of faith in the life of the Church.
As the Church does not exist in isolation we also share in a concern about children and vulnerable adults in the wider society.
If you have a concern do not hesitate to seek advice. Please follow the Links below, where help may be found.
CHURCH RELATED CONCERNS
If you believe there is a concern that a Child or Vulnerable Adult might be at Risk, or who has suffered harm, and need to know what you can do please read this Safeguarding Flow Chart.
You may read the Chase Benefice Safeguarding Policy by clicking this link Safeguarding Policy
SAFEGUARDING CONCERNS NOT RELATED TO THE CHURCH
Dorset Council Area Vulnerable Adults click on this link https://www.dorsetcouncil.gov.uk/care-and-support-for-adults/adult-abuse/reporting-abuse.aspx
Dorset Council Area Children click on this link https://www.dorsetlscb.co.uk/working-with-children/applying-thresholds-and-reporting-concerns/